Need to speak to people in Belize while you are on vacation trip? Or maybe would like to know the fundamental every day phrases in English.
Regardless of what your reasons are we have listed information on English together with some basic English key phrases here. Click the links on this webpage to understand English language.
Languages Spoken in Belize
The people of Belize speak English. The main national and official language of Belize is English. English is a West Germanic language and placed 3rd based on number of native speakers of 310 million.
We have created a selection of typical English tourist language phrases or words, that any visitor can make use of to manage in Belize. We strongly recommend you learn them from English holiday phrases web site.
Advice For Understanding English Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in English - The secret to learn English is countless hours of conversation with individuals who talks English better than you. An hour or so of talking (with corrections and English dictionary for reference) is as beneficial as 5 hours in a English class room and 10 hours with a English language training course by yourself.
- Studying English language for three or four hours daily for two weeks is more useful for mastering English than studying 1 hour a day for three months. It is no surprise that many English learners who take language lessons in class and never remember it over the years. The secret to learn the English is intensity of of study.
- Start with the 100 most common English words and phrases and attempt to come up with sentences with them. Master just enough English grammar so that you can try this as well as do it till you feel relatively at ease with all of them.
- Keep learning these sentence in your mind. The other use for your dictionary is you can practice these sentences in English whilst going about your day and not talking to anyone.
- Take a pocket English dictionary or an English-English dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Work out the English pronunciation patterns.
- Use English audio and online courses for the first 100 phrases and basic grammar in English language.
- Following the first 100 phrases in English, concentrate on starting to be conversational. Research indicates that the most commonly used 100 words and phrases in English language account for 50% of all spoken conversation. The most common 1,000 words and phrases account for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in English is a vital sentence you can possibly learn. Master it early and then use it often.
What do I need to learn English language?
- English language courses can be found as conventional language courses, audio programs and online courses. The traditional English courses are made up of dialogue textbooks, explanation of English grammer and exercises. Typically they come either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are intended for complete newbies or individuals with only very little understanding of the English language.
One of the major service providers these English language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for more than One hundred languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for people who just want to learn the basics, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other supplier of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they offer a number of languages.
- English Audio Courses is often made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to understand and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses gives you genuine pronunciation in English and a manageable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Every one of these courses normally contain dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in English.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language present you with a wide selection of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you wish to get further information about travelling to Belize from Abuja, Nigeria, please make sure to click on the appropriate links listed below:
Please talk about your viewpoints with the Belizean Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria. Whether you’re applying for a visa for visiting Belize or notarizing documents or merely just looking to chat to a person at the Belizean embassy in Abuja. Let us know simply by posting it on this site.
Please Remember: Your comments are going to be viewed by the public, for this reason don’t include confidential details.