Need to speak with individuals in Bhutan while on vacation trip? Or just want to find out the essential everyday phrases in Dzongkha.
Regardless of what your motives are we have detailed info on Dzongkha together with some common Dzongkha phrases here. Choose the links on this web page to understand Dzongkha language.
Languages Spoken in Bhutan
The people of Bhutan speak Dzongkha. The primary national and official language of Bhutan is Dzongkha. Dzongkha is a language and ranked based on the amount of native speakers of million.
We have created a selection of regular Dzongkha tourist language phrases or words, which a visitor is able to use to get by in Bhutan. We highly recommend you learn them from Dzongkha words and phrases website.
Advice For Understanding Dzongkha Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Dzongkha - The trick to learn Dzongkha is hours and hours of conversation with people who speaks Dzongkha much better than you. An hour of conversation (with corrections and Dzongkha dictionary for reference) is as effective as 5 hours in a Dzongkha educational setting and 10 hours with a Dzongkha language course all by yourself.
- Studying Dzongkha language for three or four hours daily for two weeks is far more useful for learning Dzongkha than learning 1 hour on a daily basis for three months. It is no miracle that numerous Dzongkha students taking language courses in class and never remember it over time. The key to master the Dzongkha is intensity of of study.
- Start with the One hundred most common Dzongkha phrases and then try to come up with sentences with them. Learn just enough Dzongkha grammar so that you can try this and do it till you feel really at ease with all of them.
- Continue learning these sentence in your head. One other benefit from for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Dzongkha whilst going about your day and never talking to anybody.
- Carry a pocket Dzongkha dictionary or an English-Dzongkha dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Figure out the Dzongkha pronunciation patterns.
- Make use of Dzongkha audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Dzongkha language.
- Following the first 100 words in Dzongkha, concentrate on becoming conversational. Research shows that the most everyday 100 phrases in Dzongkha language account for 50% of all the spoken communication. The most everyday 1,000 words count for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Dzongkha is a vital sentence you can possibly learn. Study it early and use it often.
What do I need to learn Dzongkha language?
- Dzongkha language courses are offered as traditional language courses, audio tutorials and online classes. The traditional Dzongkha courses are composed of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Dzongkha grammer and exercises. Often they come either in CDs or MP3s.
These types of courses are suitable for complete newbies or people who have only minimal knowledge of the Dzongkha language.
One of the main vendors these Dzongkha language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for more than 100 languages and consist of all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who just want to study the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they offer a wide variety of languages.
- Dzongkha Audio Courses is often made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to understand and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you genuine pronunciation in Dzongkha and a manageable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. All these courses usually include dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Dzongkha.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language give a wide array of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you would like obtain additional information about visiting Bhutan from Abuja, Nigeria, please be sure to select the applicable links listed below:
Feel free to share your own opinions with the Bhutanese Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria. Whether you’re obtaining a visa for visiting Bhutan or notarizing documents or merely just trying to chat to a person at the Bhutanese visa office in Abuja. Contact us by just submitting it right here.
Please Bear in mind: Your remarks are going to be seen by the public, due to this do not include confidential information.