Need to speak with individuals in Cambodia while you are on vacation trip? Or maybe need to know the fundamental daily key phrases in Khmer.
Regardless of what your motives are we have listed facts about Khmer combined with some common Khmer phrases here. Select the links on this webpage to understand Khmer language.
Languages Spoken in Cambodia
The people of Cambodia speak Khmer. The primary national and official language of Cambodia is Khmer. Khmer is a Mon-Khemer language and placed 59th based upon number of native speakers of 14 million.
We’ve produced a selection of standard Khmer holiday language phrases or words, which a traveler can use to manage in Cambodia. We strongly suggest you learn them from Khmer common phrases website.
Tips For Understanding Khmer Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Khmer - The trick to learn Khmer is hours and hours of conversation with individuals who speaks Khmer far better than you. An hour of conversation (with corrections and Khmer dictionary for reference) is as good as five hours in a Khmer class room and 10 hours with a Khmer language course on your own.
- Studying Khmer language for three or four hours a day for two weeks is much more useful for mastering Khmer than learning 1 hour on a daily basis for three months. It is no surprise that numerous Khmer students taking language courses in school and never remember it in the long term. The secret to learn the Khmer is intensity of of study.
- Start off with the 100 most commonly used Khmer words and phrases and continue to come up with sentences with them. Learn sufficient Khmer grammar so that you can do this as well as do it until you feel pretty at ease with all of them.
- Keep repeating these sentence in your head. The other benefit from for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Khmer whilst going about your day and never conversing with anyone.
- Take a pocket Khmer dictionary or an English-Khmer dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Figure out the Khmer pronunciation patterns.
- Start using Khmer audio and online courses for the first 100 words and phrases and basic grammar in Khmer language.
- Following the first 100 words in Khmer, concentrate on becoming conversational. Studies have shown that the most everyday 100 words in Khmer language account for 50% of all spoken conversation. The most everyday 1,000 phrases account for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Khmer is a vital sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and then use it often.
What do I require to learn Khmer language?
- Khmer language courses are available as traditional language courses, audio courses and online courses. The traditional Khmer courses are composed of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Khmer grammer and exercises. Typically they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are ideal for complete beginners or individuals with only minimum understanding of the Khmer language.
One of the main providers these Khmer language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for in excess of 100 languages and consist of all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who just want to understand the basics, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other service provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a wide variety of languages.
- Khmer Audio Courses is commonly made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to comprehend and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you authentic pronunciation in Khmer and a acceptable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each one of these courses often contain dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Khmer.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language provide a wide selection of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
In order to obtain addiitional information regarding going to Cambodia from Abuja, Nigeria, please select the relevant web links beneath:
Don’t hesitate to voice your own opinions with the Cambodian Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria. Whether you’re obtaining a visa for traveling to Cambodia or notarizing documents or simply just planning to talk to someone at the Cambodian visa office in Abuja. Let us know by simply posting it here.
Please Notice: Your comments are going to be viewed by the public, due to this fact do not include confidential information.