Like to talk to people in Jamaica while you are on vacation trip? Or just would like to know the essential everyday key phrases in English.
Whatever your motives are we have displayed information about English together with some common English key phrases here. Click on the links on this webpage to understand English language.
Languages Spoken in Jamaica
The people of Jamaica speak English and Jamaican Creole. The primary national and official language of Jamaica is English. English is a West Germanic language and placed 3rd based on the amount of native speakers of 310 million.
We’ve released a selection of typical English tourist language phrases or words, that any visitor can use to manage in Jamaica. We strongly recommend you learn them from English basic phrases internet site.
Advice For Learning English Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in English - The trick to learn English is countless hours of conversation with people who talks English better than you. An hour or so of talking (with corrections and English dictionary for reference) is as good as 5 hours in a English classroom and 10 hours with a English language training course by yourself.
- Studying English language for three or four hours each day for two weeks is much more valuable for learning English than learning 1 hour each day for three months. It is no wonder a large number of English students who take language classes in school and hardly ever remember it in the long term. The secret to learn the English is intensity of of study.
- Start with the 100 most commonly used English phrases and then try to create sentences using them. Learn adequate English grammar so that you can do that as well as do it until you feel relatively confident with all of them.
- Keep repeating these sentence in your mind. Another benefit from for your dictionary is you can practice these sentences in English whilst going about your day and not speaking to anyone.
- Take a pocket English dictionary or an English-English dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Figure out the English pronunciation patterns.
- Start using English audio and online courses for the first 100 words and phrases and basic grammar in English language.
- After the first 100 phrases in English, concentrate on starting to be conversational. Research has shown that the most common 100 words and phrases in English language account for 50% of all spoken communication. The most common 1,000 phrases count for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in English is the most important sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and employ it often.
What do I need to learn English language?
- English language courses are available as traditional language classes, audio programs and online classes. The traditional English courses are composed of dialogue textbooks, explanation of English grammer and exercises. Typically they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are intended for complete beginners or people who have only little understanding of the English language.
One of the main suppliers these English language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for in excess of One hundred languages and consist of all audio courses, explorer courses for those who would like to study the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a number of languages.
- English Audio Courses is generally made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to understand and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you authentic pronunciation in English and a achievable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be found on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each of these courses generally contain dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in English.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language provide a wide variety of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you desire to get more details about visiting Jamaica from Abuja, Nigeria, please make sure to choose the related links below:
Please share your encounters with the Jamaican Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria. Whether you’re getting a visa for traveling to Jamaica or notarizing documents or simply just trying to chat to someone at the Jamaican visa office in Abuja. Tell us by simply submitting it on this page.
Please Remember: Your comments are going to be seen by the general public, because of this you should never include confidential information.