Need to speak to individuals in East Timor while you are on holiday trip? Or perhaps wish to know the fundamental daily phrases in Portuguese.
No matter what your motives are we have detailed information on Portuguese along with some simple Portuguese phrases below. Select the web links on this web page to find out about Portuguese language.
Languages Spoken in East Timor
The people of East Timor speak Tetum and Portuguese. The main national and official language of East Timor is Portuguese. Portuguese is a Romance language and ranked 6th based upon number of native speakers of 210 million.
We’ve released a selection of standard Portuguese tourist language phrases or words, which a visitor could use to manage in East Timor. We strongly suggest you master them from Portuguese every day phrases internet site.
Tips For Studying Portuguese Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Portuguese - The trick to learn Portuguese is countless hours of conversation with people who speaks Portuguese far better than you. An hour or so of talking (with corrections and Portuguese dictionary for reference) is as beneficial as 5 hours in a Portuguese educational setting and 10 hours with a Portuguese language program by yourself.
- Studying Portuguese language for three or four hours daily for two weeks is far more valuable for mastering Portuguese than learning one hour a day for three months. It is no miracle that a great many Portuguese students who take language classes in school and hardly ever remember it over the years. The secret to learn the Portuguese is intensity of of study.
- Start with the 100 most common Portuguese phrases and then try to make sentences using them. Master sufficient Portuguese grammar so that you can do that and do it till you feel relatively at ease with all of them.
- Keep repeating these sentence in your mind. The other usage for your dictionary is you can practice these sentences in Portuguese whilst going about your day and not speaking to any one.
- Carry a pocket Portuguese dictionary or an English-Portuguese dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Figure out the Portuguese pronunciation patterns.
- Use Portuguese audio and online courses for the first 100 words and phrases and basic grammar in Portuguese language.
- After the first 100 phrases in Portuguese, focus on starting to be conversational. Research has shown that the most commonly used 100 phrases in Portuguese language count for 50% of all the spoken conversation. The most everyday 1,000 words count for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Portuguese is a vital sentence you can possibly learn. Study it early and employ it often.
What do I require to study Portuguese language?
- Portuguese language courses can be found as traditional language courses, audio tutorials and online classes. The traditional Portuguese courses are composed of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Portuguese grammer and exercises. Typically they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are meant for complete newbies or individuals with only minimal knowledge of the Portuguese language.
One of the major providers these Portuguese language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for in excess of 100 languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for people who would like to learn the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a great deal of languages.
- Portuguese Audio Courses is commonly made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to comprehend and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you authentic pronunciation in Portuguese and a achievable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each of these courses often include dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Portuguese.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language give a wide variety of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you wish to find further information about travelling to East Timor from Abuja, Nigeria, please be sure to click on the appropriate links below:
Feel free to express your viewpoints with the Timorese Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria. Whether you’re obtaining a visa for visiting East Timor or notarizing paperwork or simply just seeking to talk with someone at the Timorese visa office in Abuja. Contact us by way of posting it on this page.
Please Be aware: Your remarks are going to be seen by the general public, for that reason you should never include confidential information.